Thursday, May 20, 2010

Squirrel-batical

It is with both great excitement and great sadness that I announce Friday will be my last blog posting for an indefinite amount of time. Year after year I’ve applied for grants to support my squirrel research. One of the many valuable lessons I’ve learned from squirrels is persistence pays off (thanks Sammy for keeping up the incessant racket which disturbed me to the point that I got up, went outside to yell at you and thereby escaped the tree that hit the house seconds later). So after decades of hard work I’ll finally receive the funding I need to take squirrelisms to the next level. I know you’ve got three burning questions you want answered.

You’re first question is most obviously: what will I be doing on this squirrel-batical? Well my curious friend, I’ll be traveling the globe, meeting squirrels, listening to their stories, unearthing ancient tales (and maybe ancient tails), and discovering more truths that have been buried like that proverbial nut. I’m also working on a book which will detail this information. Look for it on shelves starting next year. The current working title is, Squirrel Stories: The Truth Behind the Tail. I’ll also be working on a sequel to this book, Catspiracies: What the Feline Doesn’t Want You to Know!

Now to answer your second question, I’m not sure when or if I’ll be returning to blog more squirrelisms. I’m truly grateful for the support that I’ve been shown. Tens of people have shown their appreciation and interest for squirrelism, which is the reason I’m in such a wonderful position to continue this work, receive grants, and have my findings published. We’ll see what the future brings.

And lastly, to satisfy your curiosity and answer your last question: the organization sponsoring my research is RODENT (Really Outrageous Dames Encouraging Neat Things). They’re a great group and I’m grateful they think squirrelisms are neat.

Well that’s the full update and quite literally, all she wrote…

No comments:

Post a Comment