Monday, April 26, 2010

Squirrel-ché # 11

“A squirrel in the hand is better than two in the bush.”

The bird will truly go to any length to steal the glory for ideas inspired by the squirrel. Fortunately, there are those people--such as I--educated enough to be able to reveal the truth. Lucky you, right? In a way I felt like a detective when I began to study this cliché. I knew instinctively that there was something not right about this phrase upon first inspection. The person that coined this saying was making a keen observation and if it was truly about birds then a description of lazy or grumpy would have been mentioned. Once I followed this intuitive lead I had no trouble confirming that this cliché is in fact a squirrelism. The truth has once again been discovered and the squirrel’s honor redeemed.

No comments:

Post a Comment