Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Squirrel-dioms # 9

“How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?”

Finally! This is the one, the only phrase that wasn’t manipulated to have the true credit to the squirrel stripped away. So why did this phrase go unchanged? I have no idea, to tell you the honest truth. I’m not sure how this one survived through the centuries without a bird or a cat stealing the glory for yet another squirrelism. An even bigger mystery that I can’t explain is the origin or meaning of the phrase. Sorry, but I just can’t track this one down. At least I’m being honest about it rather than just making up some nonsense…not that I would ever do such a thing. Everything that I’ve ever told you about squirrels and the phrases they’ve inspired is absolutely true. For those of you that have any doubt about that, I have some indisputable information that will convince you fully. Before I share that very important piece of evidence though I wanted to point out how neat shining objects are. Aren’t they fun to look at? Don’t you want to go and find a shiny object to look at right now? I think that’s a great idea! Run along.

No comments:

Post a Comment