Monday, April 5, 2010

Squirrel-dioms #6

“Read between the squirrels”

You’re probably thinking to yourself, this one doesn’t even make sense. Well if I had a squirrel for every time I heard that regarding these squirrelism I’d be a very rich lady! Truthfully, I’m finding the task that I’ve undertaken to educate the world on the true origin of clichés to be a demanding and thankless job. Everyone wants “proof,” “facts,” or “evidence.” Then at the same time there’s all this skepticism and doubt. What happened to everyone’s ability to dream and believe? When did we exchange our imaginations for an IPOD and an episode of American Idol? I’m sorry; I’m out of line and quite possibly preaching to the squirrel. Well I’ll get off of my squirrel box for now. Do me a favor though and just for a moment believe, believe that there’s a world where squirrels really do fly, make wonderful meals, lead the blind, bring fortune to those that seek greatness, and yes inspire a whole slew of catchy phrases known as squirrelisms (a.k.a. clichés). So does this phrase still not make sense or is it you that doesn’t make sense? Now chew on that for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment